Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

WOW what a commotion!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs WOW what a commotion!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sony

On our usual pm walk Rio & I met our friends…The 2 dogs started to chase each other & play (a thing they had done regularly for about 4 years) then after the other dog (a bitch) grabbed a stick there was an awful commotion…the dogs were growling & snarling & really going for each others throats..It took nearly all my strength to seperate them! Don’t honestly know what insigated this fight but just goes to show that all dogs are unpredictable…Even normally sweet-natured Rio ones!!! 😮
    Fortunately neither dog was damaged. :hurt:.In fact I was the one that came off worse…with a bruised finger …which was caused by me pulling off the other dog by grabbing & twisting her collar!
    I will never know why these long-term chums had such a go at each other, but after the fight they just sniffed each other’s bums (as dogs do lol) & just trotted along beside each other for the rest of the walk! 🙂
    Don’t they say “dog’s live in the moment!”

hi,

i dont know if this is right but i got told you should pull fighting dogs apart by the tail and never to grab collars – does anyone know if this is true ??  last time i seperated 2 dogs i got hold of the collar and twisted too.

claire.

p.s. hope Rio is OK x x x

sony

Hi Well I don’t know what I did was classed as “right” but on the spur of the moment that is what I did AND it worked!!!!! lol
    I’ve been looking through this website tonight & found a long discussion on the subject “fighting” & in that, pulling on the tail was discussed.
    [quote author=claire wills + bonnie link=topic=13871.msg262878#msg262878 date=1236798413]
    hi,

i dont know if this is right but i got told you should pull fighting dogs apart by the tail and never to grab collars – does anyone know if this is true ??  last time i seperated 2 dogs i got hold of the collar and twisted too.

claire.

p.s. hope Rio is OK x x x
    [/quote]

Rio is OK now thanks..She’s upside down, on her bed, legs in the air, oblivious of everything!! ::)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime